Tuesday, April 19, 2011

John Baldessari


Serious humor is nice. Regardless of weather his artwork is "nice" it is interesting. I always fall into this pit of, if it didn't require sweat, endless hours of work and way too much thought, it is not worthy. But honestly, some of my artwork that I made in an hour or two, and just went with it from start to finish, are my favorite.
It baffles me, when hearing about artist's who loose their families because they were so into their art, and then their art is something like this. (this is horrible to say). but putting stickers on someone's face isn't that intense.... I'm just mean this morning.
Teaching is the best when a person lets their students experience creativity their own way. How can someone ever think for themselves, when someone else is constantly telling them how to think. It is much better to have the teacher as a sounding board, to help them develop the path they want to forge.

No comments:

Post a Comment